UAE arbitration (including ADCCAC and DIAC) - Commercial Disputes - Construction Disputes - Intellectual Property Rights’ Disputes – Oil & Gaz Disputes - Property Disputes - Shareholders/Ownership Disputes.
Our arbitration team has an extensive experience in local and international commercial Arbitration, acting on behalf of multinational and regional clients, in disputes under the rules of several arbitration centres including without limitation, ADCCAC, DIAC and ICC.
Our Arbitration practice encompasses a range of matters including:
- General Commercial Disputes;
- Disputes related to banks and lenders’ loan facilities;
- Disputes related to agencies and commercial representation;
- Construction disputes (from both the contractor and the employer side);
- Energy/Oil & Gaz Disputes
- Intellectual Property Rights Disputes;
- Real Estate Development disputes;
- Shareholders’ disputes; and
- Ratification of arbitrary awards before the relevant local Courts.
Some of the major cases handled by our team include:
- Successfully winning an arbitration award for an employer against a multi-national construction company in relation to major construction defects;
- Successfully winning an arbitration award for a local bank against a healthcare group in relation to defaults in Islamic facilities, including Murabaha; and
- Successfully winning an arbitration award confirming the ownership of some heirs in relation to a multi-million-dollar group of companies, investing in several sectors.