Contract Drafting & Negotiation - Contract Advice & Analysis – Claims Preparation – Dispute Resolution – Negotiations – Litigation – Arbitration.
Our construction team has assisted clients across the entire construction industry. Our team currently represents a number the biggest players in the construction industry in the UAE.
Our scope of services includes (without limitation):
- Contract drafting & negotiation;
- Contract advice & analysis;
- Tender documentation;
- Risk management strategies;
- Claims preparation; and
- Dispute resolution services, including expert determination, arbitration and litigation.
Some of the related matters handled by our team members include:
- Successfully obtaining a Summary Court Order to evict the Contractor from the project site in accordance with article (63.1) of Fidic enabling the Client to take over the site and appoint a new contractor to complete the works after retendering;
- Successfully dismissing a substantial case filed against our client by the appointed contractor claiming compensation for USD 100 Million +, including amongst other things, EOT (Extension of Time) claims, value of the work done as per the last IPC (Interim Payment Certificate), compensation against liquidating the bank guarantee and performance bond in addition to loss of profits;
- Successfully obtaining a judgment in favor of our client rejecting 93% of the Contractor’s claim amount. This was achieved through reviewing and assessing all the contract documents in addition to the weekly and monthly reports, weekly meetings, the NCRs, the RFIs and all documents with the Governmental Entities especially the Municipality, as we were able to prove from the Pouring Permissions that the VORs did not prevent the contractor from carrying out many works and activities in other areas of the project not affected with the VORs; and
- Drafting and Negotiating the construction set of documents for the account of the main contractor responsible to build a AED multi-million Mixed-Used project in the Northern Emirates.